I haven’t watched Merlin since the beginning of season two. I want to know what’s been going on, but I can’t find series summaries and I’m way too lazy to look up everything, so let’s have fun instead. I write assumptions I’ve made based on what little I’ve seen on my dash about the show, and you guys tell me how wrong or right I am.
1) Merlin hasn’t told Arthur about the magic yet and it looks like he never will.
2) Gwen is going to marry Arthur. They’re at least dating and it’s dull as hell and it’s obvious she will get with Lancelot in the end.
3) There is homoeroticism, but it’s scant and mainly Arthur/Merlin shippers don’t care if canon actually gives them anything to go on or not.(ex. “Oh look, Merlin went in for a hug and Arthur pulled back! SO GAY!!” Wut?)
4) Morgana is randomly evil and there will never be sweet lady kisses with Gwen.
5) Uther is dead. I have no real reason to believe this but I haven’t heard anything about him in a long time.
6) There are several knights now that I have never encountered and none of them are that interesting. Or at least people will occasionally post images or gifs of them but fail to explain why they’re interesting or what purpose they serve except being a knight with dialogue.
7.) Gaius is also dead. Alternatively, he has retired and Merlin now lives in Gwen’s old house now that she’s possibly shacking up with Arthur.
#summaries also work #merlin #goddammit I wish this show never strayed from the path set in season one